Handling of Personal Information
1. The Japan Olive Oil Taster Association (hereinafter referred to as “the Association”) shall comply with the laws and regulations concerning the protection of Personal Information, and carry out operations in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
2. The Association shall continually strive to refine and improve its efforts to appropriately protect Personal Information.
3. Personal Information means information capable of identifying a specific individual, such as the address, name, phone number, and email address the user provides when applying for the various services of the Association.
4. The Association shall collect Personal Information appropriately and justly. Upon collection, the Association shall clarify its purpose of use, and only collect such information within the necessary scope. The Personal Information collected will be used for identity confirmation during the procedures related to the Association’s services, and for sending emails, documents, products, etc. concerning the provisions of the Association’s services, communication, and guidance.
In addition, Personal Information shall be aggregated and processed into a form in which specific individuals cannot be identified or distinguished, and be used for statistics, analysis, and service development. The Association reserves the right to use this non-personally identifying statistical data without restrictions.
5. As a general rule, the Association shall not provide or disclose the collected Personal Information to third parties except for the following cases:
- When the person in question consents to the disclosure of his/her Personal Information;
- When the Association discloses the information to an outsourced contractor to perform the service desired by the person in question; and
- When there is a demand based on legal procedures for disclosure from a legal institution, such as courts or police organization
6. If the person in question wishes to disclose or revise his/her Personal Information, the Association shall confirm the said person’s identity and take action.
7. The Association shall appropriately manage Personal Information, ensuring that it is accurate and up-to-date, and strive to prevent leakage, loss, falsification, and intrusion of Personal Information.